Sunday, January 15, 2006

Working sick on the weekend

My uniform a pair of sweatpants and a gray sweater, my computer an outdated laptop with no battery power and no Internet access, my mousepad "Dr. Seuss's ABC," and my lunch a super-sweet cup of coffee, I sit on the bed in my sick-stupored state this Sunday afternoon getting ready to churn out a couple of pieces that were due last week. There is hope that I can make headway on one before my kids come back home and start bouncing on the bed.

One of the downsides of working for yourself when you don't follow a good schedule -- like I didn't last week -- is working on weekends or when you are sick. For me right now, it's both!

There are no complaints though, since last week I didn't do much other than spend time at school with my kids. That was a treat and one of the main reasons I still freelance even though both of them are in school now. If I were to go back to work, there'd be none of that running out to the school for lunch or reading time, and those are things I have grown to treasure.

So I plug away on the weekend, sick with some kind of vicious virus, remembering the good times of last week and vowing to stick to my schedule this week!

My website
My writing blog
My mom life blog

No comments: