Saturday, January 21, 2006

Advantages of working from home

It seems that I'm not the only one that revels in the ability to work when and if I want and to be able to be there for my kids.

I read a great article by Shannon Miller, work-at-home mother of five — count 'em: five! — children. She probably has to work a little harder than I do just to maintain a semblance of order in her home, but she sure hits the nail on the head when talking about the advantages of working from home.


The advantages of being a work-at-home mom
By Shannon Miller

I could not ask for a more rewarding job than the one I have right now. I don’t have to get all dressed up for it. I don’t have to waste money on gas to get back and forth. The money that I save in eating out for lunch and daycare is a bundle in itself. My job is being a work at home mom. Getting to stay at home with my children is one of the most rewarding feelings that I have experienced. I love having the being able to be here for my children and I am also able to help support my family. Being at home for my older children is important to them. I can be here when they arrive home from school and they can immediately get started on their homework or any projects and if there is something they do not understand then we can work on it together. If one of them were to get sick at school I can easily go and pick up my children without having to get permission form anyone.

I don’t have to worry about making appointments around anyone’s schedule I only have to worry about what works for me. Working at home allows me to be able to work my hours around my kids not the other way around work my children in somehow to my work schedule. I am at liberty to take a day off and not have to worry about am I going to get fired from my job. I don’t have to feel like I have to get someone’s permission about my own children. When there is something that needs to be done I can do it without any consequences. I don’t have to answer to a supervisor. I am my own supervisor. If I had an outside job I would have to get off from work and at most places they would get rid of you for getting off from work. There are so many advantages to being a work at home mom. My list could go on and on. If you are thinking about being a stay at home, these are just a few good reasons why you should. If you decide to stay at home it will be the best decision that you and your family could ever make.

Article by: Shannon Miller is the mom of 5 children and the owner of www.parentingfroma-z.blogspot.com.


My website
My writing blog
My mom life blog

No comments: