Sunday, January 15, 2006

Working mom out sick

A beautiful thing about freelancing, working a home business, or whatever it is you do that makes you a work-at-home-mom, is that you control when and how much you work. This is one of the best things about working for yourself — that is, until it backfires on you like it has me!

My work goes mostly by the week, with certain standing deadlines in place and others set as stories are assigned. Lately my work has decreased, and so since I didn't have that much work to do this past week I didn't really follow my schedule. On top of that it was a really blah week for me and I figured I needed a break. I got some of what was due last week in and saved the rest for this weekend.

Turns out there was a reason for me feeling out of sorts this past week. A big bug smacked me upside the head Saturday morning and I couldn't even get up to take any medicine, let alone do any work! I finally took something last night and got some sleep, and today the pain in my head has dissipated to my entire body. I'm now doped up on ibuprofen and muscle rub, and through this fog I've got to produce a masterpiece or two.

That's what I get for abusing the advantage of making my own schedule. Maybe it will be a lesson well learned, but then again, maybe not!

My website
My writing blog
My mom life blog

No comments: