Friday, September 05, 2008

Going back to the office -- would you?

Would you go back to work outside the home after working from home?

I raved yesterday about all the advantages of working from home but my answer to the above question is yes!

But on my terms. (Sounds like a work-at-home mom to the core, huh?)

Working outside the home during the day during normal business hours isn't even an option for me right now. I have a baby to care for all day long. I have four kids to get to school and take care of after school. Plus I have a wonderful freelance writing business that has grown tremendously in four and a half years, and the potential for more growth is as big as I want it to be.

But, working during normal business hours isn't the only option out there. That's why I would consider going back to work.

My dream job outside the house would be in a coffee cafe located inside of a bookstore. (It could happen.)

I've worked odd hours before, in particular at a chain sandwich shop, and I'd go back in a minute, mainly for the chance to get out of the house. I'd like to do this when my son gets old enough to be okay with his dad or auntie for several hours in the evening on a regular basis. We'll see about it then; for now I just get to dream about it.

What would you do?

No comments: