Thursday, September 04, 2008

Advantages of working from home

At this very moment, I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop and a cup of coffee, watching my favorite show, "What Not to Wear." I'm waiting on some photographs to be emailed to me so I can wrap up a project and send an invoice. Oh by the way, it's noon. And my son just went down for a nap (finally).

That would be one of the biggest advantages of working from home.

Here are a few more!

* I take my kids to school, pick them up, and go to the school in the middle of the day for lunch. I'm available on a moment's notice if someone forgets an important paper or gets sick.

* I don't have to fight traffic to get to work. After going to the store this morning after dropping the kids off at school and sitting through I don't know how many lights backed up with dozens of vehicles, I had a brand new appreciation for the term "fighting traffic." I don't ever want to have to do that on a daily basis.

* I can watch TV and drink coffee in the middle of the day if I want. I don't do it a lot, but the opportunity is there.

* I get the shopping and errands done during the day. That is opposed to spending lunch hour paying bills or running off to the store as soon as my husband gets home like I used to when I worked in an office.

* Expenses like the laptop are tax-deductible. Mileage, phone bill, Internet bill, a ream of copy paper ... it's all tax-deductible. What's not to love about that?

What are the advantages of working from home for you?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh yes, you are GREATLY envied!! By the way, love your new background!!