Friday, February 24, 2006

Getting ready for some work


Here I am getting ready to crank out my next masterpiece by drinking coffee from my new mug, handpainted by my neighbor and a spectacular artist, Rita Clements. It features an ivory-billed woodpecker pair making a nest. I got it at the Call of the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker Celebration today; the event is going on for three days in my hometown, where the continued existence of this beautiful bird was confirmed exactly two years ago.

That coffee was especially delicious in this handpainted mug, and it's helping me get in the mood to write my own work of art on the rediscovery of the ivory-billed woodpecker. I live right where it was discovered and am just about the only journalist in the country who hasn't written about it.

Take a look at my writing blog to find out more about this grand bird and what's going on where it was first rediscovered two years ago.

My daughter the budding photographer took this photo.





No comments: