Sunday, June 22, 2008

Microsoft Office aggravation

I posted yesterday about getting Microsoft Office Live but have experienced problems with the regular Office program on my laptop today. I thought that new Wordpad documents would work even after the time limit on the program that came with the computer was over, but it turns out that new Wordpad documents convert to Word after they are saved and closed. That doesn't help me any because right now I can't even copy text from a Word document to save it in something else.

So as things are right now I'll have to email myself my Word documents, open them on my desktop, copy the text and email them back to myself if I need them on my laptop.

That's the free solution, anyway. I can also get a 60-day trial of it. I think I'll end up having to buy the cheapest version of it for my laptop.

No comments: