Sunday, October 19, 2008

How to survive while writing with the kids around

Write from Home has a great piece on juggling your kids and writing, something I struggle with on a daily basis. I imagine all work-at-home writer moms have this problem, so check it out:

How to Survive While Writing with Young Children in the Home

It gives some great tips, like getting up earlier than your kids, something that does not work for me on a regular basis, or staying up later than the children, which I usually do. (I have found lately that I make kind of a mess when I write at night, but if I can just get it written I can fix it in the morning!)

The piece recommends movies and arts and crafts, both of which are very popular at my house.

All of my kids but one are old enough to play outside without me, and they are also old enough to watch the little one!

No comments: