Friday, October 03, 2008

Getting started in the print market: Tutorial part 9

Don't brush the Internet off

The final part of getting started in freelance writing is making good use of the Internet. Yes, I know I said I don't advocate the Internet as a direct source of jobs (that's just because my experience with it hasn't been productive and I really think there is some newspaper ink in my blood) but don't ignore the Internet! It's a great source for information, ideas, and networking with fellow writers and even fellow work-at-home writer moms like me!

I have found some websites that have a lot of good information on them. I have compiled a list of helpful websites. My favorite is the message board at www.mommyjobs.com, and then most of the writing sites in my list have message boards as well.

Be sure to take a look at my writing website since it might have some ideas for you. After looking at that you'll see that almost everything I write is human interest. I wrote straight news for so many years and loved it, but this I like even better.

I don't use my writing website as a way to gain opportunities but many writers do advertise their services over the Internet.

No comments: