Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Working at home with the kids around

Another book has been added to my growing library of all things work-at-home and writing-related. I have been reading "Writing for Quick Cash" by Loriann Hoff Oberlin and discovered that she also wrote "Working at Home While the Kids Are There, Too." Both are now in my working library.

The book "Writing for Quick Cash" contains so many practical tips that I just had to have "Working at Home While the Kids Are There, Too." I went to www.half.com, my favorite place to buy and sell books and other media online and found a nearly new copy for 75 cents and bought it. It arrived today and I've only had a chance to flip through it, but I'm eager to read on helpful topics like:

  • Avoiding work-at-home scams
  • Setting working hours
  • Tax implications
  • Setting up an office
  • Advertising basics
  • Keeping up with the housework
  • Choosing childcare
  • Surviving the summer


There's lots of other great information and I can't wait to dig into it. I need all the help I can get with stuff like setting (and sticking to) regular working hours and keeping up with the mounds of dishes and laundry that need to be done!


My website
My writing blog
My mom life blog

No comments: